- How We Use and Share Your Information
- Access to Your Information and Choices
- Security of Your Information
- Consent to Processing of Personal Data in United States
- Questions and How to Contact Us
2. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide to us, for example when you create or modify your account, register to use our Site or Service, purchase products or services from us, including the Device, request information from us, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include:
- Home address
- Work address
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Birth date
- Credit / debit card number (solely for payment purposes)
- Bank or financial account number
- User generated content (blog posts, feedback, comments, photos, videos, messages, social media)
- Pet’s name
Information We Collect Through Your Use of our Site and Service
Your Pet’s Location Data
When you use the Service, the Device will transmit your geolocation information to Furtrieve. Pet owners can use the App to locate, track and monitor their pet using this geolocation information.
Google Analytics / Intercom
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site and the Service. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer or mobile device,
to help Company analyze how users use the Site and the Service. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Site or use the Service by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located atwww.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google’s website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads on our Site and in the App, but they will not be based on how you browse, shop or otherwise interact with our Site or the Service.
Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
A Special Note about Children Under Age 13
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), the Site is not designed or intendedto attract the use of children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you
may not attempt to register with us at the Site or provide any personal information aboutyourself to us without verifiable consent from a parent or guardian. We intend to collect information about children under the age of 13 only as provided by the child’s parent or legal guardian on the Site, or through use of our Service with prior consent of a child’s parent or legal guardian.
3. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information to:
- provide products and access to services that you purchase using the Site or access using the Services;
- respond to your inquiries or requests;
- register your user account;
- contact you about your orders;
- process credit card and debit card transactions;
- ship products to you;
- send you information about the Service or our products (such as maintenance or security information, promotional materials, surveys, or other advertisements about the Service or products);
- comply with applicable law or legal process;
- provide to a third party for their own use, such as marketing, but only if you have specifically opted-in to such third party sharing;
- provide to a collections agency and/or credit bureau(s) should you default on agreed-upon payments on contract plans;
- investigate suspected fraud, harassment, danger to persons or property or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for the Service or our business partners;
- share with law enforcement and other parties trying to locate a lost pet;
- develop and enhance our own data, such as through tracking the location of your Device, provided that any disclosures of such data does not specifically identify you, your Device or your specific location;
- share non-personal or de-identified information with any number of parties, including analytics companies, technology providers and other business partners;or
- combine it with data from other sources outside of your use of the Service, such as data obtained from radio frequency technologies within range of your Device
Additional Sharing with Third Parties. We may provide information to third party vendors and subcontractors that help us operate and manage our Site, process orders, and fulfill and deliver products and the Service that you purchase from us. These vendors and subcontractors will have access to your personal information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections, including obligations of confidentiality, to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
We may also share your personal information with third parties who may contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you.
These interest-based ads may be presented to you while you are browsing our Site or third-party sites not owned by Company, or while you are using the App.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. Currently, our Site and the App do not recognize if your browser sends a “do not track” signal or similar mechanism to indicate you do not wish to be tracked or receive interest-based ads. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org).
Your Consent. In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Company when we have your consent to do so.
Legal Proceedings. We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Company, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
Auto Deletion of Data: We may automatically delete data from a Device in connection with a returned or terminated account or device, or as necessary to protect against unauthorized access to the data.
Data Retention: We may retain your information for as long as we feel that there is a business need or benefit to do so. This will include retaining location-based information.
Data Access: Data collected through use of the Device and/or the App, including location information, frequency of use and emergency contact information is generally not available to customers for their own, direct access.
Subscription: Purchasing a subscription will enable and authorize Furtrieve to collect personal information about pets being tracked, including geolocation information, presence, images and access to this information will be made available to your authorized Care Team. By making this purchase, you are acknowledging that you consent to this as the owner of such pet.
4. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to update your information, you can Contact Us. You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from Company by using the opt-out or unsubscribe feature contained in the emails. Deactivating your account is always possible by contacting Customer Care through our phone number, online through chat or by sending an email to email@example.com.
5. CONSENT TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IN UNITED STATES
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), in order to provide ourSite and the Service to you, we may send and store your personal information (also commonly referred to as personal data) outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred outside of the countrywhere you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred. Where such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as within the EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our Site and the Service, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
7. QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US